Saturday 25 October 2014

Matcha Latte

I’m pretty new to the world of Matcha. That is, too, Matcha latte. I love the taste of this grassy green tea mixed with sweetened milk. The first time I had it was about two years ago and it was not memorable. I bought mine from one of the giant coffee shop chain. Then about last year, my colleague pointed out that this coffee shop chain had a promotion which was 50% off for drinks for about few hours during the summer month. So there I tried Matcha again and this time it was a Matcha Frappuccino. The taste was very nice. It was that nice that I took the half full cup home for my hubby to try. He liked it, too! But because we are not a fan of the coffee shop, we don’t pursue our Matcha drinking and kind of stop thinking about it.

Fast forward to this year, I saw a different coffee shop which has Matcha latte on their menu. I tried their version. Fell in love with it and so did my hubby. Ever since then, we regularly bought Matcha latte once to twice a week. We soon realized that it was not a cheap expense. Worse than that, the more ofthen we had it the Matcha does not taste like Matcha anymore. More like a normal sweetened green tea. Eeeww. Well, the few recent visits we realized that this coffee shop actually use a green tea concentrated syrup to sweetened the Matcha latte. What a shame. The bottle syrup is available for purchase in their coffee shop. Thus, we decided to stop buying Matcha latte from this coffee shop or any and just buy Matcha powder and make it at home.
 

The rest of the story you know it. Once you tried to make it at home, never go back to the coffee shop version (unless you are outside and really craving for it, and you are out of stock at home). So how did we do our Matcha latte? We followed a suggestion from a website, which is pretty straight forward. But the result was not satisfying. Some powder was not dissolved properly, causing some small lumps. Then my husband commented one day, since I was going to buy a Vitamix, he couldn’t wait to try to make Matcha latte in the Vitamix. What a brilliant idea!! We bought Vitamix for the purpose of making healthy smoothies, it is now used to make the best Matcha latte. So creamy and smooth. Yummm!!







No comments:

Post a Comment